My first-ever smoke, with Qview

Discussion in 'Pork' started by jonboat, Mar 14, 2010.

1. jonboat

jonboat Smoke Blower

Some Spare ribs - mmmmm!

2. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

ribs look good-I think your pic size is to large as I only got the first 2-but that might just be me.

3. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks great.

4. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

congrats on your first smoke, looks yummy

5. denver dave

denver dave Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Congrats on your first smoke. Ain't smokin fun[​IMG]

6. red

red Newbie

Looks great! What is the side dish? Sweet Potatoes?

7. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Congrats on your first smoke, That pic brings back memories, that was my first smoker and same first smoke. Nice job.

8. deltadude

deltadude Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great lookin pics, looks like your first is a keeper!
    Thanks for sharing it with us.

SMOKE ON DUDE !

9. treegje

treegje Master of the Pit

Wow excellent job that had to be good [​IMG]

10. guvna

guvna Smoking Fanatic

Way to go, looks awesome! I love your smoker... it looks so clean! Are you planning on hot-rodding it? Bolt those legs to the outside of the barrel for easier access to the fire pan.

PS - don't use a chimney starter on that asphault... trust me. [​IMG]

11. mr mac

mr mac Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Yep, quite a large number of us can trace our smoking roots to an ECB and ribs! Very nice!

12. Congrats, on a successful first smoke.

13. jonboat

jonboat Smoke Blower

I don't have a chimney starter... use one of those little table-top charcoal grills to fire up new charcoal and use tongs to place it in the fire pan to keep the heat up.

Definitely want to hot-rod it, the ECB modifications section here at Smoking-meat.com sounds like just what it needs, had to work hard to keep the temp up where it needed to be.

The mod with the legs on the outside... where do you put the fire pan? Do you just set on bricks?

not pictured in the qview is the pair of snow goose breasts I did with the ribs. They were already eaten by the time the ribs were ready and they were really good too!

This was the result of 10 minutes Saturday afternoon:

14. jonboat

jonboat Smoke Blower

I don't have a chimney starter... use one of those little table-top charcoal grills to fire up new charcoal and use tongs to place it in the fire pan to keep the heat up.

Definitely want to hot-rod it, the ECB modifications section here at Smoking-meat.com sounds like just what it needs, had to work hard to keep the temp up where it needed to be.

The mod with the legs on the outside... where do you put the fire pan? Do you just set on bricks?

not pictured in the qview is the pair of snow goose breasts I did with the ribs. They were already eaten by the time the ribs were ready and they were really good too!

This was the result of 10 minutes Saturday afternoon:

15. bottomline

bottomline Smoke Blower

Awesome job!! Looks like you done a fine job.[​IMG]

16. guvna

guvna Smoking Fanatic

i gave my fire pan some legs. it took like 10 minutes... here's a pic of my modded pan. i drilled some holes in the bottom for better flow and i'm using the "minion method".

17. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice smoke & qview to boot on the first time. Welcome to your new addiction.

18. timtimmay

timtimmay Action Team

Nice first smoke, they look great[​IMG]