my first countrystyle ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steveo

Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
alachua, florida
im cooking these ribs today and was going to spritz them with applejuice every 45 min, do i still need to wrap them for two hrs after smoke for 2 hrs??
thanx. any suggestions will be appreciated.
smile.gif

Honestly, you can do whatever you want. It is virtually impossible to mess up the country style ribs. Cook them til they are falling apart, or pull them earlier and eat whole.

Personally, I've never had a reason to wrap them. I've put them in a pan with some BBQ sauce to let them simmer in before.

your only smoking them for 2 hrs?I would think they need longer-and ya wrapped in foil really works well-do 1/2 1 way and the other 1/2 the other-u be the judge.

no im smoking for two hrs and then wrappin 'em for two hrs but i was asking if i had to wrap them for the last two hrs or if i can get away with just spritz'n them instead.
either way , theyll be done soon
one other question.- during the smoking time i was noticing that i had some gray/black smoke coming from the stack after i put some chunks of wood on there. is that normal?? it smelled like something burning other than the wood. im kinda scared that smell will infiltrate the meat.
mind you that i do have the lowes basket mod in the sb but i used it twice since i installed it.
im wondering if it got hot and started burning the coating of the metal
PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif

should i worry?

I usually smoke them for two hours, then in wrap for 1 1/2, then 1/2 hour out. I have also done them with no wrapping and an occasional spritz. Up to you to find out your favorite way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky