My .......ahhhh........pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walking dude

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 5, 2007
Des Moines, IOWA
okay..........did a pork loin tonite............dun em before......but that was before this site...........i normally get em dry........but not this time...........

darn this site is good.......i nailed it again.........not bragging by anymeans.........smoke buzz can attest to that..........

talk bout moist.........it LOOKED like it was going to be dry at the smaller end........WRONG..........

i need to now............and should of all along........give ALL the credit.....of course to this site.......man am i sounding like a broken record.....but to my wife..........she does ALL the prep werk........i just throw it in the smoker...........thats the easy part.........like gypsy said.......big boxes......i put wood in........i put meat in.......amazing........summin to that effect anyhooters............

no TBS..........that gets boring....i have shown i can do the tbs........so i dn't bother anymore........untill the next competition pigcicles lines up........

first pic........just finished up.......off the smoker and been resting for bout 30 minutes........it was a small loin.......1.1 lb.......used a combo of hickory and cherry.......gosh darn i like that cherry....

porkloindunrm0.jpg

next is it being sliced......i pulled it off the smoker at 170

porkloinsmokeringot8.jpg

and the next to ME anymore......is the money shot........the supper plate....its not gourmet mag. werth........but werks for me

porkloinsuppersv6.jpg

hopefully......next on the list.......a tri-tip

dude

I tried that. Dammed ear kept getting caught on my fork. Course, being from Michigan which, as the world knows- has the best sweet corn, we rarely like to touch it with anything but our teeth and a butter knife. Just don't work so well with the mashed tho.

oh rich........thems fighting werd.......j/k.........best sweet corn in the werld.............what you been smoking.......and i aint talking meat.........LOLOLOL

Iowa is the CORN capitol of the werld........sweet included.............

and i have YET to have anyone do better smoked corn on the cob than i do........wow...........i can't believe i said that...........LOLOOL

its one of the ONLY thiings i do good......at least according to the boss......

but also up for a challenge..........LMAO

only thing i wish.......that folks would bring back str8 yellow ears.........tired of the peaches and cream crap........the str8 yellow corn.........firm kernals........sweet.....yup.......

back in my yute.......we wold do field corn before it firmed up and became hard kernels...........

all in fun......but IOWA is sweet corn capitol of the werld.......heck......we have dozens of towns each year that have sweet corn fesitvals......for FOUR days......hehehe.......yeah.......i know.....it get boring in iowa........LMAO

dude

yeah.......i know flash.......but it was hormel.....and the package said.......
lean pork loin.......so i imagine it was a tenderloin..........isn't that where they get the LOIN part from.....

now if you are talking bout my butt thread......thats in another spot.......hehhehe

dude

Walkingdude, you did pretty good for an Iowa boy. Did you ever wrap it in foil to keep it moist or just kept it naked the whole smoke? It looks mighty good. HeHeHe

like my boy Andy Griffin once said
n
e
double k
by god
i
d

nekkid........feels good just to say it........

yeap thru the whole smoke..........pulled it off.......tented in with foil bout 1/2 hour........then sliced up.........darn near candian bacon.........
this was a loin that was rubbed up thursday.........abit early i know.....but wanted to do the butt for a friend that just got dun doing her mandatory 2 day jail stint for a owi.....ouch.....hehehe........like a welcome home dinner.........so i feel that it didn't get the bark it should of........tho only weighing lil over a pound..........only took lil more than hourand a half

moist and juicy..........yum.........was going to do a tri-tip next, to get that under my belt........but, after seeing that chuck roast......may just to have to do that next.........

stay tuned.......same time.......same channel........heheheh....old batman tag line.......BAM WHAM POW....etc etc.......

dude

Nice looking loin.

Thats my next attempt at food - a pork tenderloin.

Did you use a rub of any sort?

What wood?

what temp?

Our local supermarket has pork tenderloins at $2.79 / lb. I'm goinna make me some Canadian Bacon
icon_smile.gif

Jeff's rub

i use a gourmet ecb ........ a wsm clone

charchol

250 mostley till it reached a internal of 170

then i rested it for .5 hour and sliced.....
damn NEAR candian bacon

dude

That looks great Dude! Fine job you and the misses did!

BTW - corn IS my favorite vegetable in any form! I even like it raw!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky