Mustard

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke-n-g

Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Big Sandy, TN
I've read about using mustard to give a bark to a shoulder. Do you put the rub on, then the mustard, or mustard then rub, ? Any who do this, do you like it?

Thanks,

The mustard is really like a glue so to speak. Put that on, and then the rub. The mustard taste will go away and when you eat, you'll never know it was there. For chicken or fish, use mayo instead.

I did a side by side experiment with two butts. One mustard, one without. There was no difference between the two for me...

The mustard really helps stick the rub to the meat. Works good on ribs too. Like everyone else said, you won't taste the mustard when it's done.

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky