MULE'S 4THish JULY BRISKET. WITH LONG QVIEW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

themule69

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Here goes a brisket for the 4th of July Kind of. It's about a 12 pound packer. Not sure what I will be smoking in. But the temp will be in the 225-240 range. IT will be about 195 toothpick test for final. I will be making burnt ends with the point (if things go well the point will be the only burnt part). I will be cooking fat cap up the whole time. No foil till time for it to rest.

I rubbed it down with EVOO and my rub. Wrapped it and into the project fridge it goes.

I should have waited 10 min. before I took this Pic. for the rub to set.

More to come.

Happy smoken.

smilie_flagge13.gif
David
smilie_flagge13.gif

I can't wait to see how it comes out.   Delicious I'm sure. 

Just remember when you make the burnt ends that you are required by federal law to ship all Woman Candy my direction. 
police2.gif

Looking forward to the post smoke Qview!

I can't wait to see how it comes out.   Delicious I'm sure. 

Just remember when you make the burnt ends that you are required by federal law to ship all Woman Candy my direction. 
police2.gif

Looking forward to the post smoke Qview!
76.gif
After that last trip to the wood shed
th_crybaby2.gif
.......I'm a believer
77.gif
. No man candy will be mailed
laugh1.gif
. Now grab a
110.gif
 and wait for more Qview.

Happy smoken.

David.

Well the smoking has begin I decided to use the UDS.

About 2/3 basket of charcoal with apple and hickory sticks mixed in.

A charcoal chimney  to start it all. If you don't own one you should.

Got the TBS going.

Brisket in foil pan with a rack under it. Fat cap up. Trimmed just a little.

rack for foil pan. NEVER EVER FORGET. THE SECRET IS IN THE SAUCE. It helps the cook.

OK we are smoking. this will be an overnight smoke. the lid will not open till in the morning. I mean the lid to the smoker. I will not foil till i pull it out to rest. I put 2 beers in the pan.

Happy smoken.

David

You gonna stay up overnight or can u trust it enough to go to bed

THIS is why I wanted a uds.

Looks great so far.
After you get it dialed in. It is hands off. The first smoke i did in my UDS was a overnight brisket. Dialed it in and went to bed. Without Air it can't flare up. Worst thing it can do is die. It will have a little temp swing i'm sure. But if i'm trying to hold 225-240. 200 or 275 won't hurt much. I use brown sugar in my rub. So I prefer under 250. but what ever happens will happen.

Happy smoken.

David

Now when are you going to get your UDS up and smoking?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky