Mrs. Engineer's Christmas gift to her co-workers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbq engineer

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 26, 2009
DeSoto, KS
My Wife decided that she would have me cook a bunch of stuff and then throw a luncheon at her work for all of the poor bastages that had to work Christmas Eve Day. I have the day off and can set them up nicely with a table of BBQ. Mrs. Engineer looks like a Rock Star, and I get a draft pick to be named later
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
!!

What is on the menu - Pulled pork, Spare Ribs, and Chicken Thighs. All gently kissed with wild Cherry wood, and rubbed and injected with some of my very own favorites. The people that work with Mrs. Engineer are simply blown away and have asked her questions like this one.

Question from a clueless coworker - "You mean that he likes to BBQ so much that he will just do that for his day off"?

Mrs. Engineer's reply - "You have no idea"!

Here we go...Starting the fire with the turkey burner:

Ribs

Butts were injected with an apple juice, worchestershire and rub combination.

It rained all day and is supposed to get nasty with snow / sleet / cold. I say bring it on...I'd love to have a white Christmas.

Butts taking on some TBS

Chicken gettin' happy.

Ribs and skirt meat.

I'll keep this updated as I progress...wish me luck!

Man o man, is that a spread. You outdo yourself each and everytime you smoke Dana. Great looking.

You wanna have a White Christmas? 15-18" here by Sat. I'll trade ya LOL. By the way, whats all that green stuff in the photos? Is that.......Grass? LOL Keep us updated, as always, your smokes look fantastic.

That is a great looking spread BBQ - What, you didn't steal Myrons muffin pan idea for the chicken? LOL

Dana, you are already a hero to them and sure will cement that tomorrow! Thanks for keeping the BBQ happiness alive, bud.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks like your marriage is safe... she needs your talents...LOL Looks Great...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Update on my smoke...Chicken is done, and the butts are at 157°. It is raining pretty hard, and we have had some wicked lightning and thunder. I swear on of them was way to close for comfort. I have to be alert, because in the last 10 years, there have been 5 houses hit within 1/4 mile of mine...even burned down a barn last summer. We are kind of high on a hill.

Here is the Chicken in the smoker.

The people at Mrs. Engineer's work are gonna eat good! It is spicy, it is cherry wood smoked, and in fact it was delicious...I had two for dinner! (you know, just to make sure it was OK to serve
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
)

Hannah the "Cow Girl" was tired after running out to the smoker with me all afternoon.

Cassidy the "Cow Girl" was snuggled in. She want's me to go away and let her rest.

Chicken looks great!
You should let those poor pooches rest, I'm sure they had a rough day living the good life watching you tend the smoke.

Update on my progress......

The rib skirts are out of the smoker. When I trim the spare ribs, after pulling the membrane, I slice off the rib skirts and hit them with some rub, and roll them up. I put a toothpick through them to hold them, and into the smoker they go. I love these, and ususally end up snacking on these.

Here is a pic of one cut open. They are delicious.

Making some spicy cole slaw too. I shred up some purple cabbage, carrots, green onions, jalapenos, and also added some cilantro.

I take some Marzetti's slaw dressing and add Chipotle to that. I stood back a bit this time, because this is for Mrs. Engineer's co workers. I bet they aren't pepper heads like I am.

Ribs are ready for some foil. Cherry wood always makes them beautiful.

Foiled with a very heavy spray of concentrentrated apple juice and back into the smoker.

So far so good!!

That is one great looking smoke - I too love the hot stuff - Really nice of you to do all of this for her work folks

"for a draft pick to be named later"

I think I know who (or what) I'd choose. But this is a family show. You're wife is a lucky woman and so are her co-workers.

Loved the line about "You mean that he likes to BBQ so much that he will just do that for his day off"?

Mrs. Engineer's reply - "You have no idea"!

Some people just don't get it.

Everything looks amazing. Where does she work and do they need any help? LOL

points.gif
for a great smoke and for being such a nice guy for your wife's co-workers

Man that's some goood loooking stuff there Mr Engineer. You sure got your new smoker figured out. Doesn't get any better than that!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Now that was a great christmas present to her fellow employee's . It looks like everything came out looking great too. I really like that slaw I bet it taste awesome and the colors are great to. That is great thing you did so thanks to both Mr. an Ms. Eng's you are some good folks
points.gif

Here are the final pics of this smoke.

First the ribs. They turned out really good. Since I am cooking these for BBQ rookies, Fall off the bone style is what is required. Tomorrow I am going to make a Maple syrup and apple juice reduction to use as a glaze sauce that they can apply themselves to their individual ribs.

Pork butts were shredded up. This is a lot of Sammies!

Looks real good, thanks for the Qview. Those co-workers don't know what a treat they are in for (unless they have had your Q before). Christmas dinner might be a little "dull" after this.

Charlie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky