More than one Maverick ET73 at the same time?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brian s

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Just wondering if you can use more than one ET-73 at the same time? So as to monitor two different meats at once from inside the house. I know I could use a second meat probe for the second meat but then I would loose my smoker temp probe. I have one ET-73 and has worked just as advertised. I am going to pull and overnight-er tonight while doing 2 butts. I'd like to get some sleep so I bought a second ET-73 the other day so as to be able to monitor each butt separately. I have not yet tried it but was hoping someone has already. My only concern is pairing the individual units so they don't get confused. I hope they have multiple channels they can send on. Any experience?

Yes Brian, u ccan use several of them at once with no problems...Maybe take a sharpie and mark them so u know what reciever goes with what transmitter.. Happy smokes
biggrin.gif

Yes Brian you can. Here is a previous post that I made.

You really can't go wrong with the ET-73, although they could increase the range a little. An interesting point, I used 2 ET-73 this weekend, to make 50lbs of Lebanon Bologna. You can use 2 of these ET-73 without cross interference. THus I could read 3 internal temps and the smokehouse temps independely. I think they might use many sets of different frequencies, thus if you get two, and they are on different frequencies, you can run them without cross interference.
By the way the Bologna turned out great

No problem using 2 of them as the others said. An added bonus is that you get to use the first one like you already are with one probe in the meat and one for the smoker temp, but on the 2nd one if you don't want to check another part of the smoker for temperature differences, you can use both of those probes for meat, so now you have 3 for meat if you want.

Well I started the smoke about 1AM and put the butts on around 3AM only to discover the new ET73 receiver was defective. It would register the temps but the Food, Start/Stop and Lo buttons did not work. Fortunately the butts have had about a 10 degree difference since the beginning. So I set the alarm temp for the higher one on the receiver that works properly.

One suggestion I will make (as Jax did to) is label your units and your probes so you know which receiver/remote/probe go with each unit. I had a issue a while back where my probes were reading way off and I found that I had the wrong probe in my unit. Once I put the correct probe in the correct unit all was well again. This proves especially handy when you are pulling all of the equipment out of the closet and you are sorting through 3-4 different units and probes.

I should probably add that it probably isn't as important to label your probes if they all are the same make and model they should interchange with eachother but in my case I have 4 different brands so they don't play nicely together.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky