Mopping/Saucing Bone Side (BB's)?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbrock293

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Pittsboro, Indiana
Quick question. Are you guys mopping/saucing the underside (bone side) of the ribs? I have been doing both sides but it is kind of a pain and was not sure if I am wasting my time since the meat side is primarily eaten. Thanks.

Quick question. Are you guys mopping/saucing the underside (bone side) of the ribs? I have been doing both sides but it is kind of a pain and was not sure if I am wasting my time since the meat side is primarily eaten. Thanks.
Definitely a waste of time & heat mopping the bone side.

Personally I don't ever open my door to mop either side.

Bear

I rub all sides then into the smoker with as little disturbance as possible.  I've tried sprizting / mopping and honestly cant tell a difference.  If you use the 3-2-1 method you retain plenty of moisture during the braising phase, if anything I'll take the juice out of the foil wnd use that as a mop just before I serve the ribs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky