Mop Question-Need some advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
LOL...if the prices of gas and food continue to go up, I may start offering the smoked Turd option!!
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah!! Poop patrol twice a day with my beasts! Nothing like three 210 pound dogs to keep the shovel full!
eek.gif

Well make sure you mop one turd and no mop on the other to see how your guests respond haha

I personally agree with TN BBQ, I am from the Northeast and up here you seem to see a lot of tomato based sauces and sweetness when it comes to pork (I am not vouching for everyone, it is just a general thing I see). I am not saying going too heavy on sugars and all, but try apple juice and a little cider vinegar with a tad of water in a spary bottle and say, every hour, after the smoke has been going strong for say two hours, I spray the ribs down nice. This keeps them nice and moist and gives it a hint of apple to go along with the apple wood smoke.

Again, you won't go wrong on here. Everyone's advise is awesome and you will learn a lot. I print out a lot of these posts for personal uses as far as recipes, sauces, mops and such. Just have fun doing what your doing and you won't go wrong !!!!

I stick with my original answer:
I ain't saying YOU will think they are the best thing going, but I have a strong feeling (and a good deal of experience) that if you served up a sauceless, savory rib AND a honey glazed, sweet rib...folks will eat more of the honey glazed ones (i'm not so sure that's a good thing, but it's almost a universal fact).

Experiment a little (ain't like it's much trouble to do it both ways).

I do the spritz thing, I am more wondering about the mop at the end, and you're right, I got some great information.

I think it boils down to trying both and seeing the reactions. Even if the mop is the big winner, it doesn't stop me from making a half rack or so with just rub for me.
biggrin.gif

I thought that was understood! :-)
biggrin.gif

Every chef/pitmaster/cook knows the best stuff often never makes it to the serving table. That's not only the way it is, it's often how good ideas and great recipes happen.

I usually mop , unless i cant find a mop , then i just pour. i use a 50-50 mix of whiskey and apple juice. B.T.W. what do you serve as sides with a smoked turd?

Would that be a mop or just a spritz? I do the apple juice, water, cider vinegar thing...but I always felt that a mop was a bit thicker. More like thin sauce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky