Mixed Berry Cobbler for 50

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ncdodave

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Medford, Oregon
Here's a cobbler that turned out awesome! for those planning on using it in the anything but desert category, you need a 20" Dutch oven to make this!

Mixed Berry Cobbler
1 #10 can sliced apples, diced or chopped
10 lbs. frozen mixed berries, thawed
1 cup sugar
8 oz. butter
½ cup cornstarch
¾ lbs. cold butter, cut in ½†slices
1 lb. brown sugar
1 cups AP flour
2 cups rolled oats

In a large bowl, combine berries, sugar, and cornstarch, mix well to combine without breaking berries. Add apples and gently stir. Pour mixture into an oiled, 20†Dutch oven and spread to an even layer. Dot 8 oz. butter evenly over fruit mixture.
In a medium bowl, combine butter, flour, brown sugar, and oats. Cut butter into mixture with your fingers or pastry cutter until well combined and the butter is the size of green peas. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the top of the fruit. Cover and bake 1 ring of briquettes under and 1 ½ rings on top of Dutch oven. Bake 45 to 60 minutes, checking after 40 minutes. If boiling up through the topping, remove from bottom heat and add ½ ring to the top and cook 15 minutes more to brown and crisp up topping. Serve with ice cream or whipped topping if desired.
Serves 50 to 60
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

That is CERTAINLY quite the DO and recipe to boot. Gotta give you points for that just on the sheer magnitude of it!
SKOL!
Vman

That looks great. I once made dutch oven cobblers for 500. That was a chore, so I did it again the next year.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky