Military Smokers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seboke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 11, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
I see a lot of posts from obviously military-affiliated members to others not so obvious, but subtle, like posting times of 2030 hours instead of 8:30 PM. Just curious how many members are vets, active duty, guard, reserve, etc.

Where ya been, what ya done? Q-view from a far-away land would be golden!

Ken Sebourn
US Army/Psychological Operations
First Sergeant
Airborne/Jumpmaster
Retire 31 July 2008 (21 Years)
Ft Hood, TX; Ft, Bragg, NC; MacDill AFB, FL
Germany 1988-89; Desert Shield/Storm 1990 & 91; Korea 1993-94; Assured Response (evac of US pers. from Liberia) 1997; Qatar 2002 & 2003; Afghanistan 2002 & 2004, Iraq 2005, 06, & 07; all over the middle east over the years....

Lamb Kebobs, Afghanistan 04

T-Bone Burn, Iraq 2006

T-Bone Burn, Iraq 2006

Hard day at the office, Iraq 2006

Did a little time in the Navy... on last of stand by years now from Reserves... Active duty deployment on the Truman- CVN-075 spring/summer of 02
Was attached to the Norfolk carriers then moved over to a squadron....

Spent quite some time on a test program with a fine group of Marines... 29 Palms...

Petty Officer 2nd Class

USN Aug94 - July00 Medical discharge
Fire Controlman Petty Office Second Class ( If it flies, It dies!)
U.S.S. George Washington (CVN 73)
Man I miss those days. But I've got a family now and wouldn't want to leave them behind while I went underway again. It takes a stronger person than me.

Air Force 93-96.

Did Satcom in a FACP (Forward Air Control Package) Had a good time, but don't regret getting out either.

Was in the Army 1986-1993. Staff Sergeant. LRSD (abn) 7th Inf Div, and Aco. 4/325 Inf 82nd Abn. Panama Invasion 89 and Desert Shield/Desert Storm 1990-1991.

Joined the Utah Army National Guard 625th Military Police Co. while a Senior in High School in 1975. Was honorably discharged in 1984. 1st enlistment was 6 years and then re-upped for 3 more. Was a Staff Sgt. when I was dischaged. Although my primary job was a Squad Leader, I also filled a Training NCO postition and was an acting Platoon Sgt. when I got out.

01/66 - 10/69
Sgt USAF, Member of 8th Air Force.
Ground Crew Cheif B-52's
Clinton Sherman AFB, - Burns Flat Oklahoma
Andersen AFB, - Guam (ARC-LIGHT Misson)
Kadena AFB, - Okinawa
U-Tapao Air Base, - Sattahip Thailand

USMC, Captain, 87-91
Desert Shield/Storm and a couple of "less" publicized things.

U.S. Army Infantry (11B1P)
Basic and Airborne school at Ft. Benning, GA - Mar 94 - Jul 94
82nd Airborne Division, B Co. 1/504, Ft. Bragg, NC - Jul 94 - Jan 96
Southern European Task Force (SETAF) C Co 3/325, 1/508, Vicenza, Italy - Jan 96 - Jan 99

Got to spend a good amount of time in Germany (Graf, Hohenfels, Nurnberg, Munich, etc.), due to the fact that we had no training areas in Italy.

1996-2000 19k Gunner M-1 Abrams
2/107th Cav Ohio National Guard

2000-2004 95B Military Police
320th MP Unit
Florida Reserves

PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

US Army from 86 to 91
782nd Maint. Bn.
82nd Airborne Division
27E Tow/Dragon Missile Technician
Desert Sheild/Storm
SGT E-5

Glad to meet my fellow Vets.

Ted Williams
Electronics Technician First Class (ET-1 SW)
Served US Navy 83 - 93
84-87 USS Towers DDG-9 (deployed Yokosuka Japan) 2 WESTPACS leading up to Gulf War 1.
91-93 USS Nimitz CVN-68 (Bremerton WA)
Various bases for school (Memphis, Nofolk, Chicago, and San Diego).

Had to get out because divorce was emanent and I could not have that. Still married 23 years this month, yeah.

US Army 72-76 (joined not drafted)
Computer Operator
USAREC
Ft Monroe
Ft Sheridan (closed)

drafted from mercant marines 1970 stayed in untill 1975..U.S. Army

I think this is a very worthy thread to make my first post in...

USAF
- separated as Sgt (E4)
1986-1990

'86-'87 - Thule Airbase, Greenland - BMEWS (Ballistic Missile Early Warning System) Surveillance Radar Operator
'87-'90 - Tyndall AFB - Panama City, Fla - SE Sector; Surveillance Radar Operator

It's really nice to see a lot of us vets here. Guess we all know what good food is instead of the chow hall stuff..

USMC - Infantry - Camp Pendleton 93-95 LCPL - Messed up knee and shoulder so I'm a disabled vet....wanted to be a lifer and would still go back today if they would take me :)

Semper FI and ooohhhrah to you all!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky