Mexican Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
Ingrediants:
Ground beef
Mexican chorizo
Red bell pepper
Fresh diced Onion
Gaelic powder
Salt & coarse ground pepper
Ground Nacho chips for binder

Mixed the above, using ground Nacho chips for a binder. I gave it a good layer of salt and coarse ground pepper on top and Smoked it at 225º with hickory wood chips, spritzing with Bud Light every 45 minutes. Removed it when internal temp hit 165º (about 2 ½ hrs.), then I let it rest for 20 minutes. I made a gravy using the leftover liquid, flour, chicken stock, and Sweet baby Rayâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s original. Nice and spicy meatloaf, may not be for everyone, but it is another variation of the everlasting meat loaf.
e452bfe7_vbattach17640.jpg

54f36655_vbattach17639.jpg

76247577_vbattach17638.jpg

Mmmm, rich, that sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing your recipe, I'll give it a try.

Did it hold together ok? If I don't put an egg in meatloaf it usually falls apart when I try to slice it.

Icruzen, the ground nacho chips acts much in the same way bread crumbs work. It did hold up fpr slicing, althouigh I did slice it on the thick side.

rich.........when you getting back to your adobe experiments, i think it was called...........STILL need to try your red river mud pork one, i think THAT was called

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky