mexican fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

twin rivers

Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
cool.gif
Hey folks I came up with this because of my love for mex food and stuff i've read on this forum . my local grocer makes fresh sausage ,breakfast, italian. bratz, chorizo . I got 2# chorizo ,flattened it out on wax paper , cleaned 4 big jim hatch green chilies [local garden center ships em in every year] stuffed em with monterey jack , laid the peppers in the center of the sausage ,looked like it needed more cheese so I chunked up the rest of the 1# and laid it on there too . rolled it up and put it in my SMV 18 with mesquite for 4 hrs. at 275 degrees. smoked it along with a beer butt chicken. i didnt use any spices or rubs on the fatty. the chorizo had plenty of spices by itself. it turned out great. i will definitely make it again. if anybody tries it then let me know what you think of it. im still tryin to figure out how to post pictures. i will post more later. thanx!

I'm curious, was the chorizo Mexican style or Spanish? If it was Mexican, did it have a tendency to crumble after it was smoked? You're right about not adding any spices or rub to the FATTY, chorizo by nature has paprika (smoked/sweet), chile powder, and garlic as a base.

Emmmmmmmm sounds good Twin Rivers! Love those fatties! I got a good recipe for chorizo if you want to try making it but ... I thought it was Italian? Just kidding!
icon_lol.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky