mexican fatty

Discussion in 'Pork' started by twin rivers, Aug 25, 2007.

1. twin rivers

twin rivers Newbie

[​IMG] Hey folks I came up with this because of my love for mex food and stuff i've read on this forum . my local grocer makes fresh sausage ,breakfast, italian. bratz, chorizo . I got 2# chorizo ,flattened it out on wax paper , cleaned 4 big jim hatch green chilies [local garden center ships em in every year] stuffed em with monterey jack , laid the peppers in the center of the sausage ,looked like it needed more cheese so I chunked up the rest of the 1# and laid it on there too . rolled it up and put it in my SMV 18 with mesquite for 4 hrs. at 275 degrees. smoked it along with a beer butt chicken. i didnt use any spices or rubs on the fatty. the chorizo had plenty of spices by itself. it turned out great. i will definitely make it again. if anybody tries it then let me know what you think of it. im still tryin to figure out how to post pictures. i will post more later. thanx!

2. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Sounds great. Please do post pictures if you get a chance I would love to see what it looks like

3. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I'm curious, was the chorizo Mexican style or Spanish? If it was Mexican, did it have a tendency to crumble after it was smoked? You're right about not adding any spices or rub to the FATTY, chorizo by nature has paprika (smoked/sweet), chile powder, and garlic as a base.

4. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Emmmmmmmm sounds good Twin Rivers! Love those fatties! I got a good recipe for chorizo if you want to try making it but ... I thought it was Italian? Just kidding! [​IMG]