MES 30 and AMNPS question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just got the amnps figuring since I have had the amns 6x8 for a couple of years and have used it without any problems, unless my dust was a bit moist. With that being said I figured I wanted to have the pellet option because dust is not obtainable locally. I can make my own dust using oak, but sometimes ya just want to have a different smoke taste.
I am having nothing but problems getting it dialed in, but then I found this thread. It appears not enough air until I removed the tray and then it stayed lit. I am not wild about having to take the tray out, but for now I do what I have to do.

In my old MES the one the element went bad, NOW known as my NEW cold smoker, lol the amnps will be ideal. I am wondering if anyone has done any mods to the MES that would be used for an air intake vent? Not all my smokes will be cold, I do want to supplement my hot smokes with the amnps without removing the tray. Main reason is to add a bit of charcoal pieces into it to help with the eye appealing smoke ring.

I am glad to get the amnps working to this point, that way I can leave an excellent review on amazon. I know from past experiences Todd is THE MAN when it comes to customer service and I am sure we would have gotten things worked out with his suggestions on it's operation. I be an old school MAN, I don't ask directions (thank god for GPS) and when I have to figure something out, last resort is asking questions, but spend forever searching out a an answer! ;)

Thanks to everyone that posted here previously
Matt
aka Rocky

Brisket smoked today, in cooler now, Will post in the next couple of days a new post with Q-vue.
the AMNPS will save you a lot of time. it will also save your meat.

Happy smoken.

David

Hi. I am curious, how long do you nuke the pellets?
That would depend on how wet or damp they are.

Some Nuke for minutes, and some less.

I never nuke mine, because they never get wet or absorb humidity.

Main thing is don't keep them in the Nuculator too long at one time, because they say they could light up.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky