Memorial Day Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looked really good bud. And no worried on that 6 hours early, I was there also on Sunday, pulled it, foiled it, and wrapped it in towels and then into the cooler. It was still steaming with I pulled it about 8 hours later.

1 lg. can of butter beans 20 oz. i think

1 lg. can of kidney beans same i think

1 lg. can of bush pork and beans

2/3 cup dk.brown sugar

1 cup katsup

2 shots worchestershire sauce (bar shot)

2 tbl sp balsamic vinegar

1 lg. onion

1 gr. pepper

1# thick sliced bacon

this is just a basic recipe, i drained and pre smoked the butter and kidney beans for a little whils , same with the bacon smoked then fried to a half crisp then chopped.

makes about a half a large roasting pan and they are good.. then into the smoker for a couple of hours resting under the ribs to catch the drippings.. wanted the brisket in there too but it got done early and i should have pulled the point and chopped and added to the beans.

you can add all differnt kinds of things, ground beef, sausage..you are only limited by your imagination.

Thanks for the recipe. :)
Wife thinks they look good, so I guess we'll be cookin'em sometime soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky