meatloaf and stuffed bell peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
i made a suggestion that maybe we start a sticky mod posting in each style smoker and people can actually take pics and explain what they are doing and why so new fish (like me) can understand what you seasoned smokers are talking about. that and we can see different styles, but the pics are the most important part, i think

I have one of those. So far it will indicate a full tank until the fuel runs out. I do not like the one I have. Perhaps it is defective.

Hey, guys!

I had one of that type of propane gauge and it worked (not) just like Oillogger says. When the indicator needle started to move you had about ten minutes at full throttle and then nothing. Not good.

Some gas grills have a balance type indicator. The less that the tank holds the more the spring levels the tank. An indicator rod attached to the tank itself and set to a gauge on the frame gave you a good indication of how much the tank held based on its weight. Each time you refilled you had to reset the indicator. Had one of those a number of years ago and it worked well. I think it was on a Thermo King unit. Have not seen a retrofit available in the type.

But there again I have not looked for any gauges because I just plain old keep plenty on hand. :)

Cheers!

My indicator guage seems to be working...Maybe not properly, but definetly working. Yesterday morning I fired up the smoker and used it for 10 1/2 hours. The guage was setting in the middle of the green area when I started. Now it is setting on the edge of the green and yellow section. Just a little in the green.
So the guage is going down as the propane is being used. I do have a new tank standing by, ready to be hooked up. So once this tank gets into the yellow section of the guage, I will put it over on my grill and use up what is left...

I know others have stated they got one and it did not work. Hope yours does!!!

Steve
http://www.qvc.com/scripts/detail.dl...16&cm_scid=crt

Steve,
That's excellent! Happy to hear that the gauge is working for you. I might just pick one up and try it. As you have heard from several of us most of those gauges were only good for throwing at the wall.
Thanks for the feedback and the link!

Cheers!

Hey Buzzard.

Heard about you looking for a propane smoker, sounds like a great idea. But you are concerned about your bottle running out. I can't remember right off hand now but there is such a thing that you attach to your propane bottle and it will tell you if it is full or half or almost empty. Ask a propane company if they know where you can get this or if i can remember where i saw it i'll get back with you.

Bill

with my living situation i got a new roomate who is going through a divorce. if his wife will let him have his smoker he is bringing it here, and its a propaine one. i am almost gitty with anticipation

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky