Me, the Boy and 3 turkey breasts w/QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indyadmin1974

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 26, 2007
Clemmons
My boy and I got up early this morning to get the 3 birds in the smoker.

Using travcoman45's brine and spritz

3 - 7# turkey breasts in brine for ~24 hours
Used Jeff's rub heavy on 1, light on another and SP on the last one

main.php

Bud and the turkeys

main.php

Turkeys loadin' up the smoker
main.php

Bud, the smoker and TBS
main.php

More Qview to come. Thanks for lookin'. Bud did all the heavy lifting...he started the fire, put the birds in and hooked up the thermometers

It's good having a buddy to help you out, 'specially that time in the morning.
biggrin.gif

He's the best helper out there! He definitely gets the whole que philosophy! Boys, their toys and early mornings...he's about to have a fit 'cause the Easter bunny came early, but his sister isn't up yet to do the Easter egg hunt! He thinks that since he and I are up, everyone should be up!

Teach that youngun while you can. In a few years he and his friends will show up just in time to eat your Que and be gone again. But that aint so bad either...

It's great when kids show interest in helping. I'm looking forward to seeing some great looking birds come out of the smoker.

They've been in nearly 2.5 hours and are already at ~130 each. I'll probably be done way early...time to clean out the cooler and get some old towels ready.

It's a great feeling to have a connection with kids. I can't wait for my daughter to enter this world and I can get to work on her smoke ring :)

Thanks Tip! That brine and spritz rocks! Thanks for sharing that!

Score! We found awesome Jalapenos at Meijer...guess what else we're havin' for dinner today!

Here it is - 3 turkey breasts a boatload of ABTs and 4 Nathan's Famous wieners (couldn't resist)

main.php

main.php

main.php

That was after the kids got into the ABTs...

Off to slice the turkey! I did hold off the health inspectors!

Great looking meal there, dad! real nice to have guy-time with the son isn't it? Congratulations on maybe starting a tradition there.

I love the time my daughter and I work on sausage and it has become something special for us when she comes home. Hope this continues for you.

Last pics for this q-view. We had enough for 2 gallon bags of slices and one gallon back of pulled turkey. Leftovers baby!

Everyone have a great Easter and thanks for lookin'!

main.php

main.php

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky