MBES 30 Loving it but quick question for the old salts here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paul catt

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Cedar Point NC
Hey guys ... now that its not 110 degrees  here I have broken out the smoker again :)

One thing that I was wondering is with my MBES I don't really get a smoke ring I used to get with my charcoal smoker ..I was told by someone that you don't get smoke rings with an electric smoker and took it as Oh Ok ...now I'm wonder why ...I mean the box fills with smoke   it doesn't make sense to me .. can anyone explain it to me

So far (knocking on wood) my smoker has worked great ... even the meat probe matches the maverick probe to about a degree or two   keeping my fingers crossed

another Canadian Bacon batch in the box now :)  I cant keep this stuff it the house .. its like crack ....

Not gonna get a smoke ring from an electric. Smoke ring comes from the burning of wood products as a fuel. You can add some broken up lump charcoal in the chip tray to catch a hint of a ring in the mes but that's about it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky