May need help.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nolasmoke

Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
New Orleans
I have a 6lb pork butt, put it in at 6am this morning @ 230 degrees and the temp is already at 160*(8:30 now).  I`ve done butts before and know about the plateau, but damn this is quick! Any thoughts or tips greatly appreciated!

-CJ

I think your smoker is hotter than 230......Did you check the therm by doing the boiling water test ????????

Have to agree that either your smoker is running alot hotter than you think or you have a thermo problem. Try repositioning your thermo first and see if maybe you get a change . If not , check thermo in boiling water.

What type of smoker are you using???

BTW, Nice to see another Louisiana smoker on board!

Sometimes they go fast. If your therm is correct, it may stall at 165 for hours. Then continue on. Your therm may be in a fat pocket, like eman says, move it to a new place & see what you get.

Good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky