Masterbuilt Pro Propane Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

proctor

Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
Hello all,

I just purchased a Masterbuilt propane smoker. Ive used it twice so far and meat has turned out pretty good. The only problem im having is i cant keep the temp steady around 225. it likes to jump from 200- 260. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Are you using just the thermometer that came with the smoker?   If so, I would not trust it until it has been tested.   Also if the doors do not have a insulation strip around the openings, I would install one via either a fireplace rope or a gasket sealant bead.

Last edited:
I used a digital. The one it came with is way off. Doors are not insulated.

Thanks.

Search on here for modifications for this smoker, there are several things that will help with temperature. I have the Masterbuilt Pro Dual Fuel and made a couple mods. I have sealed my doors with Nomex, replaced the regulator with a Bayou Classic 0-30 psi regulator, sand in the water tray and use a cast iron skillet for the wood chunks. The regulator change has really helped get the temps to stay 225* F.

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a warm and rainy looking day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky