Master Forge Dually smoker and grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

melonhead3215

Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Blanchester, OH
I had purchased a Master Forge Dually Smoker and Grill about 2 months ago and I love it!! The only draw back that I have seen so far is that it leaks to much smoke out of the back of the lid. That can be fixed with thou so I am not to worried about that. It does better with slow cooking than it does with smoking. I have done a couple of racks of ribs and a whole chicken and they all turned out GREAT. Given the mod. that it needs, I would buy this again an again. I pasted a link to a pic of theMaster Forge grill/smoker.

http://images.bizrate.com/resize?sq=500&uid=1967382558

Hey Melon, I have the same grill and was wondering what mod you made to fix the leak from the back of the lid?  Clearly having the same issue and need some advice.  Thanks!

I've had the grill for a few months now and really enjoy it, but the stove gasket modification would definitely help with the heat loss.  Does anyone have pictures of the improvement?

I don't have the same one but this is what I did. Used 2 pieces of angle iron bolted together for the sides. Fire rope and high heat RTV.

f56543b4_IMAG0160.jpg

89efc73f_IMAG0161.jpg

6c59fc3b_100_9405.jpg

28b9daf5_100_9401.jpg

I don't have the same one but this is what I did. Used 2 pieces of angle iron bolted together for the sides. Fire rope and high heat RTV.

Hey Ale. Newbie here. I'm curious, what does the angle iron do to make it more of a smoker. I have the master forge and am planning to mod it tomorrow and looking for some advice. Can ha help??

Thanks a million in advance

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky