Lurking around Wichita.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wichitasmoker

Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Wichita KS
Hi All,

I've been on Jeff's newsletter for several months now and lurking around this forum for a couple and figured it was way past time to chime in and introduce myself. 

I grew up in the BBQ Capitol AKA Kansas City (I know I'll get some debate and comments on that one from the Texas members) but hey we have the American Royal and you can't go more than a mile on a busy street and see a BBQ joint.

I've since moved a couple hundred miles south to Wichita, KS where you can get passable BBQ but it's just not the same.  I've been involved with Boy Scouts most of my life so I'm no stranger to cooking anything outdoors with fire. 

For over 10 years I'd been using my Weber Kettle for everything. A couple years back when it finally rusted through the bottom the wife surprised me with a new Chargiller (w/side firebox) for Father's Day.  So I've been using it for everything with pretty good success but it's getting to the point where I'm needing to replace all the grates and probably the side firebox so I'm looking to update to a better one.

I'm one of those guys that researches major purchases which led me to Jeff's website and this forum. 

As soon as I get time I'll put my 2 cents in on the Chargriller and Weber in the appropriate threads.  Until then keep smokin!

Jim

I signed up for Jeff's eCourse and ordered his recipes, just want to chime in on another good spice company that I've use for rubs, Olde Westport Spice and Trading Co. (http://oldewestportspice.com/) has several different spice blends that I use for making marinades they are all good!

welcome1.gif
   Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to  your first qview. 
icon14.gif

welcome1.gif
,Whitchitaw. And yes,we'll discuss the Tex./Kc. thingy later(I am a stichburner).
biggrin.gif

Enjoy yourself here,all good people and good advice(esp. from us Texas Boys)
first.gif

and...

Welcome aboard. Grew up in Wichita and been in Kansas City almost 9 years. Used to be some really good BBQ joints in Wichita, but they died when the owners did. I will agree with you that Kansas City is the BBQ capitol. Glad to have you and enjoy the site.
welcome1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky