looking for plans for RF vertical smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigpuddin43

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Central Kentucky
I am wanting to build a reverse flow vertical smoker.  Cant seam to find detailed plans for what I am wanting.  It seams like if you used the back wall for both the heat and smoke coming up and the exhaust you could eliminate 2 extra side walls and save on materials.  I don't know if that would work or not.  never built one and just getting started trying to figure it out.  seams like there is a lot of science to everything and really don't know where to start so hoping to find a good set of plans to go by.  just want something big enough to do a couple butts on or maybe a whole brisket.  Any help is greatly appreciated as my Bradley has bit the dust so ready to go to lump coal and wood burning. 

Good looking design.
Someone should build it.

Not to be disrespectful or anything, but I would probably go with a 1/4" plate between the FB and CC. I don't really see the need for the extra thermal mass, though it would last longer.

my big worry is sizing the smoke inlets and exhaust to make sure it draws the way it is supposed to.  I know nothing about sizing all this stuff so that the smoke and heat moves through it the way it is supposed to.  Also what ga metal to go with. thanks again for the help.

Smoker plans are rare as hens teeth.

Best thing to do is look through these forums for similar builds and study them thoroughly, and reach out to the builders for advice. Nearly everyone here will willingly share what they know. Just send PMs to them, and don't get discouraged if some do not respond right away, since not all of us check our e-mails or websites regularly.

Unfortunately cabinet smokers are outside my area of expertise, so there is not much I can add.

If all else fails, PM me and I will find some time to educate myself on cabinets and try to help you out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky