Looking for a recipe - Sazisa

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by ifitsdeadsmokeit, Dec 27, 2011.

1. I'm helping a friend buthcer a hog and am looking to make some sazisa Italian sausage but have not had a lot of luck finding a good recipe.  It is an italian sausage with fennel in it...any help of suggestions?  Thanks.

2. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
  3. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Cant find anything on sazisa Italian sausage. Is it a brand or a place where it originated... I have a great italian sausage recipe. if you ever had italian sausage at the fair this is a close replica....

4 tbsp kosher salt

2 cups ice water

3 tsp fennel seed

2 tsp coarse black pepper

1/2 tbsp turbinado sugar

10 lbs pork shoulder

link

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/106881/sweet-italian-sausage

Joe

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  4. I used this recipe in my shop for twenty odd years

1 lb Pork shoulder
    2.25 gm Chillies (red chilli flakes)
    2 gm Black Pepper
    1.5 gm Coriander
    4.25 gm Salt
    1.75 gm Sugar
    0.5 gm Caraway ground
    1.5 gm Fennel ground

Grind meat with course plate, mix spices in a bowl and dust over course ground meat. Mix by hand until spices are evenly mixed (two minuets at the most, do not over work). Regrind with a medium plate and stuff into 29/32 hog casings or equivalent.

5. good find...I bet that is it...will give it a shot with a 5lb batch this weekend....need to make room in my freezer...have a side of beef, two turkeys and a 12 bone prime rib taking up all my space....plus a bunch of cookies and cakes from the christmas baking....Thanks.  Will let you know how it turns out provided I can get my grill dug out from the 15" of snow last week...

6. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Thanks, Flareside.  I will also be trying that one in a couple of weeks. It does look a little heavy on fat, so I might work that a little.  I usually add a little fat per butt anyway.

Good luck and good smoking.

7. johnnie walker

johnnie walker Smoking Fanatic

ifitsdeadsmokeit, don't forget to give us some q-veiw when you do these sausages. They do sound good!

8. not enough time on my hands to make them yet...the pork has been sitting in the freezer waiting for a weekend free....but now the wife says I have to make a bed for my son...maybe I can take a few hour break to get it done while she thinks I'm working on the bed....woke up really early this past weekend just so I could get a corned beef ready for st pattys day...