Looking for a Brisket post from a long time ago

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

travisty

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 10, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
Recently I stumbled on a brisket recipe post from one of the Admins or Moderators. It basically said that for his "method" you do not trim any of the fat at all, at least until you can perfect your skill in brisket cooking.
hit.gif

Anyway I am going to attempt my first smoked brisket for Christmas dinner, and do not want to mess it up, and his post was foolproof it seemed. Can anyone help me out in finding this post, anyone know the one im talking about? I did use the search feature, but there are over 998 pages when searching "brisket" and also tried various other searches, I went through the fist 3 pages of the search and looked at every post but it isn't one of those.

I think the post was from a couple years ago and there was a lot of support for the method and several pages of comments, I think @Bearcarver and @Foamheart  at least may have commented on it as well.

Anyway otherwise if you have a near foolproof method for brisket that you would suggest a newbie like me and don't know about that post im taking suggestions. We've got a bunch of people coming over to my folks house for it, so now im more nervous than I was before, and don't want to utterly ruin Christmas
ROTF.gif
!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky