Long Island newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ryanc91

Original poster
Dec 31, 2015
My name is Ryan and I'm from Long Island New York! Ever since we've gotten our home I've wanted a smoker. Always talked about it with my friends and Santa or my mother in law finally brought it for Christmas!! Very excited to join the community!

Hey Ryan;  Welcome to the site and congratulations on getting your new smoker.

Post up some pictures of your smoke projects when you get a chance.

I heard there were a few mods to do on my brinkmann. Of course the Home Depot review that posted what to do is deleted now! If anybody has any recommendations let me know!

I heard there were a few mods to do on my brinkmann. Of course the Home Depot review that posted what to do is deleted now! If anybody has any recommendations let me know!
I am not familiar with your specific model Brinkman but if I were you I would do a search for mods using your model number in the search.

(Either search this site or a general google search should get you some results.

Best luck.

It's a brinkmann 855 6100. So I searched it and came up with needing an SS WOK for my coal and sealing off the door and top.

Welcome. I am from Bethpage. I started smoking a few years ago and now I'm addicted. I always wanted a smoker and one year my sister bought me one with her Christmas bonus and I haven't looked back. Where are you from on Long Island? Smoking meat has been getting big the last few years.

I'm over in Holbrook. And yeah when I went to Home Depot the day after Christmas i saw an older couple grabbing one. I'm hoping to get a boat next and have a smoker/boat filled summer

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a chilly and dreary day in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky