long burning wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

twistertail

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Central Ohio
I'm just wondering if this is normal but I have used the same 3 chunks of cherry for 3 different smokes for a total of about 12 hours of smoking. This is in my GOSM and the only thing I've done is made a bigger wood pan, about 10"x10". The chunks are about 8" long and about 3" square. I did a pork tenderloin yesterday and looked at the chunks and they were burned up but still looked like they might work so I just let it go and didnt add any more. Well I didnt see any smoke but I smelled it, smelled good too, and the meat had a beautiful smoke ring when it was done. Just wondered if this is normal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky