Little Black Egg: WSM smoker to grill conversion

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

loosechangedru

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Gainesville, FL
I wanted to post pictures for anybody who hadn't tried this out and wanted to. I tried it out tonight, and it worked perfectly, so far as a newbie bbquer as myself can tell. My girlfriend said she wants all grilling done on this instead of my gas grill now lol

Just remove the middle section, and put the top grate on top of the charcoal ring, and you're set. If you put the top on though, the handle gets awfully hot, way hotter than when you're smoking.

I know there's another way to grill on this by keeping the middle section in place and removing both the bottom cooking grate and water bowl and cooking on top. I'll try that and post it here next time I grill.

I'm sure plenty of you know how to do this, but I know it's helpful to me to find the same information in multiple places.

c37c19ba_Photo0345.jpg

8d6d0a30_Photo0346.jpg

That looks very interesting...

Gets pretty hot eh???

I got a BGE that grills great,but this looks like I need to try it out!!

Thanks!!

Craig

Can't really take credit, I saw it on a website somewhere, but thanks! I think Weber use to include the directions for this alternate setup, but stopped in 2009. At least, that is what I read.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky