Leaf lettuce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
I have abunch of leaf lettuce that is going to go to waste with the cold weather coming.

Can I vac seal it and either put it in the fridge or freeze it?

Dont know if anyone has ever done this.

I'm going to give you a bump here. But I really think your going to loose crop of lettuce. After freezing it will be nothing but a mushy mass of ................yuk. But that is my opinion.

Try putting it in (roots on) in a tub with water. Think Hydroponics. I know if you put celery in a cup of water it will keep fresh for a long time. You can grow lettuce from the butt ends if you put them in water. I have done that with romaine.

I also thought of digging it up and planting it in a tub to go inside.

I have a 10ft row of it.

Every year my mother grows lettuce, a LOT of lettuce…… She just likes to see stuff grow…….All of a sudden, I will find a HUGE zipper bag in the frig filled with lettuce…. She will wrap it in a wet paper towel…… I’m the only one that will eat it, so it’s not something I can eat all at once, but it will last for several weeks like that for me……BTW the hydroponics works also…. I have a buddy that has a 4’ x 8’ shelf set-up with PVC piping to grow lettuce. He is picking enough for a salad for his family at least 2-3 times a week…….  SB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky