Kroger has Pork Butts whole 88 cents a lb

Discussion in 'Pork' started by triplebq, Mar 6, 2010.

1. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    In Texas 88 cents a pound for pork butts whole . Gotta go buy some . @ Kroger

2. denver dave

denver dave Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Up here they are called King Soopers. Hope they run the same sale here. Gonna check in the morning.

3. I bought two !!! Seasoning my new 40" mes from Sams club now. Will smoke one tomorrow!

4. fourthwind

fourthwind Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nothing in their add's.. [​IMG] Will have to give them a call. Be worth putting a few in the freezer at that price.

5. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

I have a Krogers/Smiths here. Gonna have to see if they price match. .88 cents is a good deal.

6. triplebq

triplebq Smoking Fanatic

Tx
    YOU know I had to get some didn't you ,,,, rubbed and now on the watt burner for the 15 hour smoke !

7. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Took off like a shot for Kroger's around the corner on McCart and Alta Mesa after calling them and they indeed had butts on for 88¢ lb.! BUT.. you have to have a Kroger's card to take advantage of the price, so if you don't, stop at the office on the way in and get one or at any checkout!
    Limit 2, so I got 2 - 2packs, saved 39.14 on the two, plus got momma a Klondike bar!
    Breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, bucksaw bacon, hot dogs, and if enough left some polish sausage with cheese, too on my day off this coming Sunday!
    Thanks so much for the tip!

8. phil brown

phil brown Fire Starter

One of the other grocery chains must have mafia connections or something, because there's not a Kroger anywhere in sight. In Memphis, I couldn't walk ten paces without tripping over one...

Enjoy cookin' your 88¢ butts, while I watch my $1.28 butts... [​IMG]

9. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Same here, I have friends in Vegas that always tell me of the sales Smiths/Korgers has. I never seem to get the same deal

10. pepeskitty

pepeskitty Smoking Fanatic

Here in WV no pork butt sale. Bummer got all excited for nothing.

11. I just priced some butts in the Charleston area today (not at Krogers) and found them anywhere from $1.69 - $2.49 a pound

12. countryboy19

countryboy19 Smoke Blower

IN
    Same here... no butt sale in IN. I was disappointed.