Kragshot from Chicago

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kragshot

Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Chicago, IL
I've been lurking for a bit, but decided to surface...posted on the Char-Griller Pro modification thread and figured I'd better come in and officially introduce myself.

I'm a third-generation griller/smoker on my side of the family and my father-in-law also grills/smokes meat, so I've always had a love for the hobby. I decided to get into it myself because it was cool!

I've been grilling for at least ten years but decided to take it to the next level in 2008. Got a Brinkman Electric Bullet and decided right out of the game to smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving. It turned out great so, I decided to keep it up. I've done pork shoulders, chicken, ribs, and rib tips. But I want to do more meats and move into the big leagues; brisket, whole hog, all of it!

I've owned a Char-Griller main unit for seven years, but I ended up getting the SFB about two weeks ago. That's what led me to the mod thread. The Brinkman was decent, but I wanted to do more than make "decent" smoked meat...I wanted to make "awesome" smoked meat.

In closing, this seems like an awesome community. The mod thread alone was more than awesome. Implementing the info I got there upped my game by several levels just like that! I can't wait to find out what happens next here!

:welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 45,000 members who just love to share their experience and over 900,000 posts describing it!

The search bar at the top can be your best friend when you are trying to find answers to your questions but you can still ask too if you want!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-Course, it will teach you all the basics plus a whole lot more!

Welcome to the forums! Glad you've joined us. You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on our favorite pastime...grilling and smoking great food! There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here who really enjoy helping one another. Just ask when you need help and you'll get plenty!

Red

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! 

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/terms-of-service

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky