Keeping Smoked Meat Warm?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bglassbe

Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
As a general matter, am I correct in assuming that if your food gets to the right IT and it's too early for your planned meal, that the best manner to keep it warm for up to a few hours is to wrap it in foil and then wrap in a towel, and store in a cooler?  My wife gets annoyed when dinner time slips significantly, so I'm expecting I'll need to aim for an earlier start time to be safe.  However, I'd rather not chill and then reheat if possible.

Thanks!

It depends on what you're making. Pulled pork, yes. A rest is needed. Most other smoked meats will benefit from a rest as well. 

Yes and when you cooler wrap it it will continue to cook so know ahead of time if you are going to store it and plan your temps accordingly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky