Kat reverse flow smoker 36-20

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ken r

Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
Southern California
Just got my smoker last weekend and did a trail run and burn to season the smoker, everything went great, so this weekend I went all out & smoked 2 pork shoulders and 2 racks of ribs, one St. Louis & one Baby Back.  Had one little issue with temp control but was able to resolve it, My temp was too low and spent an hour trying to bring it up, when all I had to do was turn the smoker so the wind / breeze would flow into the vents on my burn box, Hopefully this won't be a problem in the future, I have order a BBQ Guru to attach to the burn box with a temp controlled fan that will come on if my temp goes under my desired temp of 225 F,,  The ribs looked and taste great and the pork shoulders are fantastic

All good and fine , Ken , but .....
worthless.gif

ROTF.gif

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything

Post some pictures of your smoker, might be able to help with the temp problem

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky