Just some more Canadian Bacon....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pignit

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
I finally got my Canadian Bacon smoked today. I cured this 6 pound loin for 8 days in TQ, onion powder, lemon pepper, garlic powder and CBP. Rinsed it well and let it soak overnight. Pulled it and rinsed again, set it in the fridge for 2 days covered. Seasoned again with the same and added a little turbinado sugar.

Here it is in the MES set on 180.

15943_1218860145421_1046423994_30557267_5735696_n.jpg

I had to do some running today so I stoked up the Smoke Daddy with some sassafras and a little hickory herb pellets. Didn't have any juice so I just put water in the pan. Sorry guys.... I can tell the difference when I use juice or punch in the pan.

15943_1218860185422_1046423994_30557268_3101902_n.jpg

I smoked it for about 4 hours and pulled it at internal of 153.. covered and let it rest for an hour. Turned out really nice. Gonna make Red some eggs benidict when she gets home from spendin all my money Christmas shoppin tonight.

15943_1218860225423_1046423994_30557269_5142945_n.jpg

This is so easy to do and always turns out so nice. If you haven't tried it.... you need to. Your lookin at about 10 dollars in meat here. Awesome.
Thanks for lookin.

Great job Dave, that 10 dollar invesment is pobably a 30 - 40 dollar retail price. Sweet isn't it?

Nice looking CB! I'm down to a few packages left. Last time I did 15 pounds so I wouldn't run out so fast.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Is there a tutorial for this?

What cut, how long to cure, smoke, etc?

This seems like it'd be a great item to bring to holiday party's or giveaway to friends and fam for their functions

Thanks Man. One thing I did different on these is let them soak overnight in the fridge in water. Don't think I'll do that again. I believe a good rinsing and let it stand in the fridge would be fine.

I think it did. Or it was the cut of meat. It was really good but not as flavorful as the last batch. Thought it might have been the overnight soak.

Now thats some mighty fine looking there Dave. I really like the canadian bacon but I like alittle more fat (for flavor) on mine so I do mine out of a shoulder.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky