Just joined

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

briney

Original poster
May 20, 2016
Hey all, just joined after reading these forums for great advice for a few months. Just bought jeffs rub and sauce recipes and will be smoking ribs in my MES tomorrow :grilling_smilie:

I'm curious and love to experiment. I love trying new recipes for rubs and sauces, dry/wet brining, cold/hot smoking, making sausage and grilling up tasty meats for entertaining as I'm sure most of us do!

I will create posts of some of my trials and successes in hopes to give a little back after taking from the forum for a while now.

Happy smoking friends!

Welcome Briney...

Looks like we joined at almost the same time...  Good luck with all the Q'ing you will be doin'.

Just put a pork butt on at 0700 and time to read some posts here.

Big Fish

Hey all, just joined after reading these forums for great advice for a few months. Just bought jeffs rub and sauce recipes and will be smoking ribs in my MES tomorrow
grilling_smilie.gif

I'm curious and love to experiment. I love trying new recipes for rubs and sauces, dry/wet brining, cold/hot smoking, making sausage and grilling up tasty meats for entertaining as I'm sure most of us do!

I will create posts of some of my trials and successes in hopes to give a little back after taking from the forum for a while now.

Happy smoking friends!
Welcome Briney!! 
welcome1.gif

Glad you joined us!
icon14.gif

Here's some easy stuff to do with that MES of yours:

Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

Bear

Thanks Bear! I'm reading your excellent posts, learning a lot! It looks like I unfortunately have the gen2 MES 40, but it's been treating me well for over a year now. The temps can be all over the place to start, but once it's going steady it seems to hold fairly well.. Maybe I got lucky?

Thanks Bear! I'm reading your excellent posts, learning a lot! It looks like I unfortunately have the gen2 MES 40, but it's been treating me well for over a year now. The temps can be all over the place to start, but once it's going steady it seems to hold fairly well.. Maybe I got lucky?
If you do run into trouble (due to that slanted drip plate), what I've been recommending is to remove the slanted drip plate & small water pan.

Then put the bottom grill rack in & put a foil pan (9" X 12") in the middle of the rack to soften the direct heat rising.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky