Just got my smoker

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by sc 4x4 guy, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Bought the New Braunsfele Hondo smoker. Got it home and assembled going to spray insides down with cooking spray in the morning and build a fire in it to burn it out. Anybody have this smoker have any suggestions to a newbie

2. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome, glad ya joined us... I don't have that smoker, but congrats on the new Q toy ! Thumbs Up

sc 4x4 guy likes this.
  3. joe black

joe black Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Congratulations on your new cooker. I don't know anything about that brand, but try the search bar and I'm sure you will find what you need. From your name I assume you are in SC. If you are, what part? Good smoking, Joe

4. Greenville SC or the best part!

5. [​IMG]   Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a warm, cloudy and humid day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

sc 4x4 guy likes this.
  6. joe black

Absolutely the best part. I'm on the south end near five forks. PM me sometime and we can get together.

sc 4x4 guy likes this.
  7. We are close I'm 1/4 me from culvers

8. [​IMG]

Welcome from partly cloudy Florida.

Good luck with your new toy. 

sc 4x4 guy likes this.
  9. Got it sitting about 250 burning out all the New. Been going for an hour letting it go another hour then going to add a little more coal and open the vents get it to around 350 for a couple hours. I think that should have it cured I hope

10. joe black

Im actually behind Culvers off of Roper Mtn Rd.just below Bucky's.

11. We should be able to smell each other's smoke

13. joe black

You can't small my smoke, its too thin and too blue. Your smoker looks a lot like mine, but your yard is huge. Joe

14. Welcome aboard from the coast of SC. Running into more palmetto state people on here every week.

Smell Smoke

sc 4x4 guy likes this.
  15. no not really that's from my back yard to the neighbors only about 60 foot wide and about 20 deep

16. thank you and where on the coast?

17. Between Charleston and MB, outside Awendaw.

sc 4x4 guy likes this.
  18. Got her smoking

19. I smell it. Wait, no that's mine.

sc 4x4 guy likes this.
  20. joe black

James, I hope you're done. It started raining here about 4:30. Good luck. There's always the oven.