Just another BUTT with short Q/view----but it was very tasty!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by chef willie, Aug 21, 2011.

1. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Scored a 7.3 pounder for $1.48 a pound at one of my fav markets for this sort of thing. Did the overnight rub and it hit the smoker at 6 A.M. Cherry wood chunks for the smoke and temps around 250/260. Allowed myself plenty of time this go-round and just let it do it's thang.....no foiling, no spritzing etc. Hit 200 IT around 6:30 P.M., got it out and let rest for 30 minutes while the beans (for me) finished warming up and mac & cheese (for her) was done. Pulled nice and easy with 2 forks, added the de-fatted juice back in. Piled it high on two oversized toasted rolls with a squirt of Sweet Baby Rays. It was a heavenly dinner.....GF said one of the best ever, what more could a guy ask for. Took a load to the crew at work & have enough left over for tacos, burritos or enchiladas. A good time was had by all! Sorry, no pics of the sammies....got carried away stuffing my face. Thanks for looking...

naked butt....lot of meals for 11 bucks

[​IMG]

after getting happy in the fridge overnight

[​IMG]

nice color and decent bark on top and bottom

[​IMG]

nice and moist still after a 12.5 hour smoke

[​IMG]

2. smokefarmer

smokefarmer Newbie

Looks great I love butts!!!

3. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks great from here!

In my area that would be a "fill the freezer" price for butts. We don't see .99 per LB any more.

Good luck and good smoking.

4. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

[​IMG]

5. grohl4pres

grohl4pres Meat Mopper

Looks good!

6. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Looks great [​IMG][​IMG]  and at that price I'd have the cart loaded. Add a buck per pound my way. [​IMG]

7. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks Great Willie !!!!!

Thanks for showing!!!  MMMmmmmm.............

Bear

8. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great looking PP Willie!

All you need is a bun, a little slaw & some bbq sauce for a perfect meal. 

9. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Thanks all...appreciate the comments. There's only the two of us so I try not to freeze a lot of meat, even at a good buy. Now, if ribs would just drop in price a little....yum