Just a teaser from an experiment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Keith that is one of my favorite ways to do pork cutlets, or chicken fried steak. Smoke then fry! I typically will use Panko. I really like the pork served with two eggs sunny side up a pile of hash browns topped off with a good sausage gravy!

Case I only smoked for a half hour but the cuts being so thin it soaked it up. Chicken fried steak sounds great! I used a Ritz crackers but ran out and used regular bread crumbs. The crackers sure we're good though!

You ought to try Smokin B's trick and cold smoke the Ritz crackers!!! Suppose you could do that with the Panko too. When I do the CFS I pound a round steak or a flank steak out really flat and then I marinate in red wine and Worcestershire. Then I cold smoke for 30min-hour. Coat in egg wash and Panko, into oil in the cast iron pan! Yumm!! Breaded pork cutlet is still my favorite though!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky