Jumbo Jim vs 18" Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rabbithutch

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
I've been reading about those of you who have made WSM-like smokers starting with the Weber Jumbo Jim grill and adding a 60 quart stock pot. I was wondering if anyone has used an 18" kettle for this. It would certainly reduce the stooping and bending, and if it is too tall it should be fairly simple to shorten the legs.

???

I saw a jumbo joe premium in Walmart
It had legs!!! Shorter than the 18 " silver and the top was less dome-like it was like $68.
I think it would be perfect for a jumbo WSM

For the jumbo joe you need an 80 qt pot. The one I used is 20" tall which puts the top of the pot somewhere around 30-33" high. If I had started with a kettle, even though it would require a different pot, I probably would have had to shorten the legs. The kettle will probably put the top of the pot up around 4 feet high or more.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky