Jerk Chicken Sausage

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by cdn offroader, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Well, had a hankering for jerk chicken a while back, which led to the idea of a jerk chicken sausage, and thought I may have stumbled onto something new. However, a quick google search revealed the LP had already beat me to the recipe(although his is pork). So I adapted for 3 lbs of extra lean ground chicken from his recipe as well as adding about 1/4 cup water and 3% skim milk powder to help keep them juicy.

Didn't bother with the mix/spice pics, but here we are all linked up in collagen cases

a little poach...

Then browned up

Served with some Jamaican rice and peas...

and a slice shot, still nice and juicy..

End notes. Made a mistake with my peppers, pulled out a sweet/heat pepper variety that looks like a habanero. Sad about the general lack of heat. I felt all of the spices could have been stronger, but overall a good starting recipe.

Enjoy

2. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

CDN, Nice idea with the sausage ,it looks very good !

3. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice looking sausage. I bet it was tasty! I need to do some chicken sausages. Did you grind your own chicken or was it store bought?

4. It was preground at the store and on sale. listed as extra lean.

5. Fine looking sausage!

Happy smoken.

David

6. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Them look good, nice job 

DS

7. reinhard

reinhard Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice job!!!  We have 90% ground turkey on sale this week in 3 pound tubes.  Going to get a few and make somekind of turkey sausage.  Yours look great.  Reinhard

8. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking sausage. Thanks for the idea.

Disco