Jeffs rub hot and fast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shelton573

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 8, 2014
SE Iowa
Supposed to smoke some ribs tomorrow and through about trying the hot and fast method to see what it's all about. I did the hot and fast on some butts at about 275 and at times a touch higher and worked great. My question is, since jeffs rub is high in sugar, how hot is too hot? I'd rather not burn the sugar and ruin the ribs. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks!

Shelton

You can use Turbinado Sugar (Sugar in the raw) in place of the regular sugar it doesn't burn as easy

Shelton, table sugar should not burn anywhere below 350*. i think I've seen 400* somewhere. However, I use Turbinado sugar in all of my rubs and sauces. It mixes much better with the other ingredients without a super sweet flavor. This is the same principle as Kosher salt over table salt. Give it a try. Joe

Shelton, table sugar should not burn anywhere below 350*. i think I've seen 400* somewhere. However, I use Turbinado sugar in all of my rubs and sauces. It mixes much better with the other ingredients without a super sweet flavor. This is the same principle as Kosher salt over table salt. Give it a try. Joe

Thanks for the info! I ran it around 325 and worked out great.

Shelton

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky