Jalepano seeds etc...

Discussion in 'ABT's' started by alaskanbear, May 20, 2011.

1. alaskanbear

alaskanbear Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Boilded my Jalepano seeds from my ABT's in chicken broth with all the white membrane for about 2 hours giving me one powerful tasting HOT sauce to be a base for some smoked pork chili verde!!  Not for the weak of tongue..lolol

[​IMG]

2. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great idea! Might even want to throw that concoction in a Dutch oven and cook it in the smoker! Something else on my list.....

Thanks for the encouraging post!

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That's a great idea!

4. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Excellent cross-utilization of ingredients!

Good luck and good smoking.

5. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks and Sounds Hot and also Good...

6. mmmmmmmmm home made hotsauce good idea have to try that one

7. biaviian

biaviian Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I used to use the seeds with some water, vinegar, sugar, and a touch of tomato paste.  Blend it and you have a great hot sauce.

8. hmmm I love hot sauce the hotter the better but of course the best stuff comes from the us lol but home made  I really am going to try that thanks for the quick starting ingredient list lol and thanks alaskanbear for the idea

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  9. alaskanbear

alaskanbear Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Thanks for the replys all.  If you enjoy hot, this is a great step to start from. I make my won green chili pork verde and this is awesome.

Also, for doing ABT peppers, try using a apple corer to clen out half jalepano peppers, works like a dream..

10. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks good man - I need to add that one to my list. I have done sauce using the whole pepper but this might be an easy way to get the heat going. As many jalopenos as we go thru here I can just throw a bunch into baggies and freeze them