Jalepano seeds etc...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alaskanbear

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 24, 2011
Winnsboro, Texas
Boilded my Jalepano seeds from my ABT's in chicken broth with all the white membrane for about 2 hours giving me one powerful tasting HOT sauce to be a base for some smoked pork chili verde!!  Not for the weak of tongue..lolol

9493ceb4_SNV30133.jpg

Great idea! Might even want to throw that concoction in a Dutch oven and cook it in the smoker! Something else on my list.....

Thanks for the encouraging post!

hmmm I love hot sauce the hotter the better but of course the best stuff comes from the us lol but home made  I really am going to try that thanks for the quick starting ingredient list lol and thanks alaskanbear for the idea

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys all.  If you enjoy hot, this is a great step to start from. I make my won green chili pork verde and this is awesome.

Also, for doing ABT peppers, try using a apple corer to clen out half jalepano peppers, works like a dream..

Looks good man - I need to add that one to my list. I have done sauce using the whole pepper but this might be an easy way to get the heat going. As many jalopenos as we go thru here I can just throw a bunch into baggies and freeze them

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky