It's Here!!! My 12 inch D.O.! -view

Discussion in 'General Dutch Oven Information' started by guvna, Mar 31, 2009.

1. guvna

guvna Smoking Fanatic

it just arrived today and i'm really excited. i've seen alot of d.o. cooking performed while working as a cook in a cajun joint for several years, but never actually used the pot myself. believe it or not, the inspiration for buying this came from scotty's rustica thread! [​IMG] i just couldn't resist... enough talk.

2. m1tanker78

m1tanker78 Meat Mopper

Congrats Guvna, CI pans and DOs are some of the only items left in existence today that you'll probably hand down to your children or other loved ones. My greatest present this past Xmas was a set of 3 CI Pans with matching CI lids that my Mother-In-Law gave me. They're strictly mine and are only used in the smoker. I'd sure hate not having 'em.

So what's going to be your first DO meal???

Tom

3. guvna

guvna Smoking Fanatic

i saw some jambalaya that someone made on here and it really took me back. yeah, a big pot-o-jambo sounds pretty good...

4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Congrats very nice!!

5. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Can you invert the lid and put coals on top to bake with it?

6. vtanker

vtanker Meat Mopper

To cool! Looking forward to seeing you use it!

7. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You're going to love that DO. I have two of those except mine are antiques.

8. roo-b-q'n

roo-b-q'n Fire Starter

Very cool Guvna, I would still season it even though it says it is preseasoned.
    At the very least wash it out as it does come with a wax coating (Hot water and if you must mild soap).
    Looks to be for indoor use and hanging over a fire versus using coals on and under it. Is that correct or did I miss the legs in the pictures?

9. txbbqman

txbbqman Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Congratulations on the D.O. you are gonna love it.

Good luck and bring on the q-view

10. bigbaldbbq

bigbaldbbq Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

That is a nice looking DO. Enjoy it, I love mine!