It's Dudestrami Sunday w/ qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fourthwind

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
Thornton, CO
Ok so this has been on my list for some time. Found a good sale on corned beef a few day's ago, and decided it was time. Soaked it yesterday in fresh water for 9 hours with 3 water changes. Did a little fry test (yum). Slathered with mustard, and rubbed with coarse black pepper, coriander, garlic powder, and a bit of pickling spice on the fat cap side. Wrapped and let rest over night.

Here it is coming to room temp this morning.
IMG_37051.JPG

Hitting the MES at 8:45 This morning.
IMG_37072.JPG

little over an hour into the smoke.. Sitting at 127 degree's. Smells great!
IMG_37083.JPG

Going into the foil for rest then cooling.. Cant wait to slice this little piece of heaven!

IMG_37102.JPG

Ok so I couldnt wait to chill then slice.. This stuff is amazing!!!! I bow to the creativity of my brothers and sisters on this forum.. Taking a corned beef and turning it into magnificent pastrami.. Priceless...

I will be doing a minimum of 4 of these next time...

Sorry only a sliced pic.. By the time the meat. munster cheese, and spicy brown mustard hit the sour dough bread, it was being consumed.

IMG_37132.JPG

That looks amazing. I will be watching for the corned beef sales with St. Patrick's Day coming. I will be doing this very soon.

What temp did you smoke it?
How long di it take?
At what internal temp did you remove and foil?

Smoked at an average temp of 235
Used hickory and lump coal until it hit 140.
Sprits with combo of apple cider, Apple vinager, and patron orange liquer.

I pulled and foiled when the internal temp was 185 at the thick part and 200 at the thin.

Took about 7 hours for me, but I am at about 5300 feet of elevation.. Things just take longer up here.

You will not regret doing one of these!

Heh, can't blame you for not waiting to slice into it, especially once that smells hits you...
Looks delicious, great job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky