Italian All-Meat Fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rivet

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 25, 2008
The "Show Me" state
The other day, my son Albert took a look at CAJUNSMOKE13's Italian fattie and was in awe.....had to try one too!

An "all-meat, carnivore fattie!" he said; so here we go....

The goods~

He did a kickin' job rolling it out then started to layer with Genoa Salami-

Next up was dried italian salami-

Final layer was Pancetta. He had never tried this before and when he ate a slice, his eyes lit up and he exclaimed "This is now my favorite meat!" Pancetta really is good stuff, and it's great to see kids try new things-

He weaved a bacon blanket just as good as Wendy did two days ago. They have raised the bar, and Dad better get with the program and learn to weave!

Onto the smoker over Cherry wood at 325 F while smoking a turkey. Here is the Fattie all done-

And here it is sliced and close up. Real good stuff, and probably one of the better fatties we've made. Highly recommended and a big thanks to CAJUNSMOKE13 for the idea.-

Hope you have enjoyed my teenager's cooking!

Looks great.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Wow, that is a great looking fattie. I can almost taste it!
Your son did a great job, glad they are learning so much AND eating well, not to mention trying some new things as delicious as pancetta.
Points to Albert for such a great job.

That looks awesome he did a fine job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Nice job Albert and Rivet. Looks great, better than mine. I've been eating on mine for a few days now....Had to kick up the lipitor.

Rivet, you gotta be proud of that boy.
Big points to you Albert on a fattie very well done!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
points.gif

I gotta try this one!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Rivet, my man, my man, my man, great looking fattie, I can relate to your plate, we've got 18 outside and one inside. Belle has to be close to me when I'm preparing food, she doesn't touch or anything, just watches.

Showed your plate to Mrs. JPT, she liked the fattie idea, but said she's gonna make a plate like yours only written in French. LOL

Gene

Eighteen cats? OMG!

We have 5 "full time cats" (3 indoor, 2 outdoor) and 2 "part-time" cats (outdoor) that come around occasionally. Usually for the buffet.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Glad you liked the platter! We got it for a present one year, it's got an image of a black cat lounging on the center, where the food goes. Looks just like one of ours.

I'd love to see your wife's platter when she's done....please don't foget pics.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Rivet,

Nice job getting the kids involved...I too love pancetta, and layering it in a fattie is a great idea. I also love Cherry wood smoke...nice choice!
points.gif

Now thats a good looking fattie there rivet. If awful nice of you and dawn to pass the flame down to the sibling.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky