Is today over yet?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vlap

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 17, 2007
Bradenton, Florida
Its so very nice outside. the solunar table shows a strong bite till dark. I want to go get salty. An afternoon spent in the water throwing a fly around sounds like fun to me. Anyone else aching to get out of work?

4 or 5 hours spent in the water should relieve some stress. Water is cool air is warm. Good feeding period coming. Should be able to find some fish to bite. Maybe a redfish to try in the smoker. Nothing like FRESH fish.

Always
cool.gif
Go home grab a cold one and sit by the pool....

Shop is quiet. A few have already left. 45 min to go.. yeah I am ready for some fishing.

That sounds great Vlap.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I'm heading out Friday for a nice quite weekend of camping and fishing.
I can't wait.

I need to do some camping! Been too long since I did. A weekend by the water roughing it by a campfire cooking the fresh fish I just caught sounds good.

You ever make it down this way I will be happy to show you around my pond. (aka: gulf of mexico)

That looks rough enough for me! hehehe... well i am out...time to go fishing!

I was hoping to get out today. Weather report looked good with chance of afternoon showers. Some reason the wife seemed iffy about it, so we ended up sleeping in. I did get to go out of Yankeetown last week and got two 29 1/2 inchers. Of course those were thrown back. Keep a 24 incher for my Famous One-Eyed Grandma's Louisiana Grilled Redfish.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif
Yummy.

133136.JPG

Speaking of camping, I will be leaving this coming Monday for NE Alabama and then on to North Carolina. Mainly Camping (tent) and leaf peeping/photography if the drought has not killed everything off yet. We also will visit the wife's parents in Franklin.

Well I am back now. Ended up catching some jacks, trout, ladyfish, grouper and bluefish. Not a bad day. Got a nice sunset as well...

Vlap - sounds like your wish came true - congrats!

Flash - that's a nice looking fish! Have fun next week and stay safe!

Blackhawk - This was my camper a few weeks ago ...
e17c343a_vbattach15287.jpg

sounds like a nice afternoon of fishing vlap. i went to the skyway monday evening to try for some mackeral, lately i keep hearing that they are there but when i go they are not around.

I was on the skyway pier monday night
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
jumped a tarpon there, got bit off twice. Had many baits ripped in half...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky