Is $0.99/LBS A good price for pork butt???? I think so ! (updated with Q-views)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrod62

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Jun 13, 2011
New Athens IL
Well Schnucks did it again. I did two other post on here about Schnucks butts on sale for $1.19 /LBS

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/111996/1-19-lbs-for-pork-butt-roast-he-ya

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/111404/cheap-butts

Now I got Schnucks ad in the mail ,$.99/LBS for pork butt!!!!

How can i pass this up ? Ran to store, they had 3 of them on the shelf. Grab them and ran !!

Going back today hope they have more in stock. Just started making Sausage so two of these

little piggy's will become Sausage

1dee2ef2_007.jpg

Does it really say $.99 ???

f61359b1_008.jpg

I need to get off my butt and get these cut up and make some more sausage ,

Got one question, when cutting these up do u leave the fat cap on or cut it  off ?

My first batch I made I cut it off. When I cook it up there wasn't any grease in the pan.

Thanks for looking will post some more pictures later today

That is a great price on butts. Not only that, but they are good weight.

Lowest price I have found around here is $1.57 lb. and the butts were 

small 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 lb.

Wish I could find a few deals like that.

Happy Smokin

Mike

Unbelievable!!!

I haven't seen that price around here since nearly 2 years ago !!!

Nice Score !!!

Bear

Great catch,..I paid 1.79 lb this morn for 2 at Albertsons here in Fl.  Winn Dixie wants 2.59 lb damnnnn

Albertsons also have BBR for 2.88 pnd. I grabbed 3 slabz!!

Man, some people have all the luck.  Great score.  Uh, how many freezers do you have?  With deals like these, I'll bet you don't enough freezer space.....
I only have the 3 so far . Hope they have more when I head up that way tonight. I do need to buy a big freezer. Have 2 refrigerators, freezers on them don't have much room in them

What a great price!!!

Sales are usually 1.79 here.

Craig

Count your blessings - $3.69 a pound for pork here and they dont sell butts!  Picnics, loins, chops but no butts.   Brought 4 butts back with me (frozen and in the checked bag) when I visited Minnesota in September!!!

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky