Introduction

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kcsmoker

Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
Overland Park, KS
Hi All,

I've been using a Weber Smoky Mountain for about 20 years and have decided to make the jump to horizontal smoking. My choices have centered around the Brinkmann Cimarron and Stillwater Limited because they're available locally for a decent price. Of course, I haven't thrown down any money yet so I'm open to suggestions...

Caught the smokin bug from the Kansas State championships that are held in a park about ten miles from my house. It started out as an informal gathering, but now it's pretty serious out there.

Kansas City has some very good commercial Q and a friend and I make a point of making several trips a year to some of our favorites.

Most of the smoking that I've done is baby back ribs, chicken and several turkey breasts. I'm looking forward to learning and branching out to some of the larger cuts of meat.

Welcome to SMF, kcsmoker. Browse through the forums and see what others have posted, and if you have a 'Que question that you haven't found an answer for, let us know and we'll be glad to help you out.

I'll also add my welcome kcsmoker. Not too long ago I was a newbie and found that this site was my go to encylopedia for all things smoking. And like Earl said we're always glad to answer questions, we love hearing your smoking stories too. So welcome again and hope to see you in the other posts.

Greetings! We're picking up a lot of members from the local KC area. 8)

I've always liked the looks of those pits, along with the Longhorn, but I've never used one or seen them in action. Good luck on a tough decision.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky