I'm Baaaccckkk!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oldschoolbbq, Feb 19, 2015.

1. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Well , this is the first time I've posted since I died and come back - [​IMG]. But no Q-View here... [​IMG]

Back on Christmas Eve , I was rushed to the E.R. with a rare Syndrome called "Travers" Syndrome.  I was Life Supported to the Toledo Hosp. where I received Plastic Surgery of my Privates , and a Colostomy in my Belly ... that's gonna be fun [​IMG]

So , from 12-24-15 to 1-3-15 , I was for all than other , dead... intubated , on a Ventolator , feeding through a tube in my nose , and  hooked to all

sorts of other machines . I was given 25% chance of Smoking Meat again... [​IMG].

After re-learning to walk and use my muscles again , I finally made it back home. [​IMG].

Anyhow , good to be here with all my Brothers and Sisters , and will be back in the TBS as soon as I can.

Ya'll have fun and as always . . .

2. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOW.

Sorry for the bad luck and glad your better.

3. atomicsmoke

atomicsmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Stark reminder of the fragility of our existence. Glad you are back. Take care of yourself.

4. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Good to hear from you and welcome back!!

5. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome BACK Stan !!!!! From where ever you were.... Did you see lights and talk to relatives... I have a buddy that did that.....

6. woodcutter

woodcutter Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'm sure a big brisket is right around the corner. I'm glad you are on the mend.

7. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Wow! Good to have ya back Stan! We've been saving some smokes for you! Get back in shape so you can use your new smoke shack you built!

8. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Stan Welcome back, stay inside til it warms up.

9. welshrarebit

welshrarebit Master of the Pit

Welcome back!!! Hope you get the fire up that stick burning behemoth soon...

10. red dog

red dog Smoking Fanatic

Wow that is scary! Welcome back to the land of the living. I know they don't serve pulled pork in hospitals so hope you can get back to smoking soon. Take care.

11. mdboatbum

mdboatbum Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Good to see you here again!! You can have a few days to get situated, but then we wanna see you back in action!

12. bear55

bear55 Master of the Pit

Welcome back.

13. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Glad to hear you made it! Welcome back!:yahoo:

14. Hey Stan, I'm glad your back, and hope you continue to get better and better.  Did that just hit you all at once? and what caused it ?   Wow !

Gary

15. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

NCope , didn't see any lights or talk to anyone , it was just dark and cold.....[​IMG]

16. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Stan, I hope you are creating TBS soon ,it's medicinal !

17. timberjet

timberjet Master of the Pit

Welcome back Stan. Glad your back.

18. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Wow!!

Glad to have you back, Stan!!

Missed the Hell out of you!!

Sounds like you won this round !!

Keep it up----Prayers on the way!!

Bear

19. shaggy91954

shaggy91954 Meat Mopper

Cold is probably a good sign.  Now if it was hot and fiery..........not so good.  Welcome back.  I'm Shag and good to meet ya. 

20. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Alrighty Stan... Welcome back FROM the future ... glad your ok and we missed ya ...

:congratulation_graphics_2: